- The softminded man always fears change.
- The shape of the world today does not permit us the luxury of softmindeness.
- ..but there are some things in our world to which men or goodwill must be maladjusted.
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- Capital punishment is society's final assertion that is will not forgive.
- Another reason why we must love our enemies is that hate scars the soul and distorts
- Hate is just as injurious to the person who hates. Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes
the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and
is objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautifus,
and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.